- Five storm-related deaths were reported in New York City as of late Monday evening.
- Flood waters rushed through the World Trade Center construction site Monday night and into parts of the New York City subway system, which will be closed indefinitely until the damage is fully assessed.
- More than 250,000 customers in lower Manhattan lost power late Monday, the AP reported. Another 1 million customers lost power in New York City, the northern suburbs and coastal Long Island earlier in the day. New York City’s utility company says it could be anywhere between several days to a week before residents who lost power get their lights back.
- Nearly 1 million homes and businesses in New Jersey were without power late Monday, and utility companies said it may take until Wednesday to fully assess the storm damage.
- The University of Connecticut is closed Tuesday, joining hundreds of other schools and school systems across the state.
- State offices in New Jersey will remain closed Tuesday.
- Amtrak announced that most service in the Northeast would be suspended through Tuesday.
- The New York Stock Exchange and New York City schools will remain closed Tuesday.
bekanntschaften ostfriesland We have a number of web cams available to you of the beast of Hurricane Sandy. We will post more if we can find any additional ones!
enter We had over twenty additional cameras which have been disabled, probably due to the storm and prevailing weather conditions
http://www.mentzer-consult.de/?afinoes=bin%C3%A4re-option-seri%C3%B6s&904=ac New York Cam 1 – Might be a bit hard to see
Statue Of Liberty Cam – Might be offline
Latest on Sandy
http://tennisclubpaimpol.fr/bisese/1843 Sandy made landfall as a post-tropical cyclone on the southern coast of New Jersey near Atlantic City at 8 p.m. with top sustained winds of 80 mph.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg urged New York City residents not to call 9-1-1 unless “you have a life-threatening emergency,” in a press conference Monday night. He added that the emergency response service was receiving an estimated 10,000 calls per hour.
At New York’s Battery Park, the http://www.backclinicinc.com/?jixer=opzioni-binarie-strategie-30-secondi&5e1=06 water level reached 13.88 feet, far above the previous all-time record of 11.2 feet from 1821.
The New York City skyline and Hudson River are seen from Hoboken, N.J. as Superstorm Sandy approached Monday, Oct. 29.
Large amounts of water were reported flooding the PATH train system under the Hudson River, while four feet of water were reported in the subway tunnels under the East River. The lobby of the New York Daily News at 4 New York Plaza also was flooded.
At JFK Airport, a see hurricane-force wind gust of 79 mph was reported Monday, while winds gusted to opcje binarne o co chodzi 94 mph at Eatons Neck, N.Y. At Kings Point, N.Y., the water level was at http://www.hotelosmolinos.com/?epirew=conocer-chica-holandesa&b69=bc 12 feet above normal tide.
On coastal Long Island, floodwaters swamped cars, downed trees and put neighborhoods under water as beach fronts and fishing villages bore the brunt of the storm. A police car was lost rescuing 14 people from the popular resort Fire Island.
The Verrazano, Throgs Neck and George Washington bridges closed at 7 p.m. because of the storm. The suburban Tappan Zee Bridge was closed at 4 p.m. because of high winds.
That is all we have for now, will keep you posted, be sure to stick together!