If there is one thing we know it is camera’s, it hasÂ beenÂ a while since we wrote an article about digital cameras but we felt we could give you guys a guide for 2012. Now these cameras are sure to be improved as the year goes on. But this is what we recommend in January 2012, just to be clear :)Â
- Canon PowerShot S100 Review: A Near-Perfect Pocket CameraÂ -Via Amazon $429.99
The third and latest version of Canonâ€™s popular pocket-size S-series camera, the PowerShot S100.Â Â The S100 offers a wider-angle 5X-optical-zoom lens with a useful focal range of 24-120mm, a new 12-megapixel CMOS sensor that marks a significant shift from the previous S-series modelsâ€™ CCD sensors, the companyâ€™s new Digic 5 image processor, full HD 1080p video, GPS, and a small handgrip. Combined with its core attributes, those updates will keep this camera on the hot list for quite a while.
However, at $430, itâ€™s certainly pricier than your average camera. You might want to check prices on the Canon PowerShot S95 before it disappears from retailer shelves, especially if you donâ€™t need the S100â€™s wider-angle lens, GPS, or 1080p video capabilities.
2. Â Fujifilm FinePix Z800EXRÂ – Via AmazonÂ $128.99
- Excellent touchscreen interface
- Superb image-playback options
- Huge 3.5-inch LCD screen
- Unique EXR shooting modes
- Very fast autofocus
- Very effective image stabilization
- Disappointing battery life
- Poor image sharpness
- Slow start-up to first shot time
- Poor video quality
The Fujifilm FinePix Z800EXR offers a great touchscreen interface, fast autofocus, and excellent image stabilization. Battery life, video quality, and image sharpness are weak spots.
3.Casio Tryx – Via Amazon – From $99
- 240-fps high-speed shooting mode
- Good low-light performance
- Versatile physical design
- Touch-screenÂ can be unresponsive
- Digital zoom only
- Fixed battery
The shape-shifting Tryx offers good performance. It’s a hard gadget to classify, but it works best when you make use of its twistable frame to overcome awkward lens placement and controls while employing it as a normal camera.
That is it for the time being however we will update you next month, with some new additions.